http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Slave to Mr. Stinny (The One and Only Blind Super-Cat): Technically Inept Scientist

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Technically Inept Scientist

Good Lord. I just sent my husband, a scientist mind you, to check the laundry in the dryer. When he went downstairs, the dryer was still running. He came back upstairs.

Prof. H: "The dryer is still running. You did not give me the proper information. Do I look at the dial or do I make a judgment call to determine the clothes are dry?"

Me: "Check the dial to see if it is almost done."

Prof. H: "What does almost done mean? I need a figure. Ten minutes? Five minutes?"

Me: "Uhhhh. Five or ten, I guess. Feel the clothes to see if they are dry."

Prof. H: "Right. Thanks."

He comes back up.

Me: "Did you put the wash in the dryer?

Prof. H: "I forgot. How do I get it from the washer to the dryer? Do I put the clothes in the basket?"

Me: "Usually that's how it works."


He has an instrument in his laboratory that he built and does fancy experiments on it. Please don't ask me what because it is WAY to complicated. Let's just say it combines physics and chemistry. He replaced all the windows in our house. He can replace the brakes on our car, repair the roof, and clean a bathroom like nobody's business. I sweeps, mops, and organizes. He keeps the lawn cut and tidy.

And yet, he cannot figure out the dryer AND he does not know how program the DVD. Science geeks will never cease to amaze me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
traffic
Free Web Counters
traffic