http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Slave to Mr. Stinny (The One and Only Blind Super-Cat): Chill Out Dude, It's the Coop

Monday, January 15, 2007

Chill Out Dude, It's the Coop


I realize 15 percent off day is a very exciting event at the local Coop. To briefly explain, those who are members receive 15% off all purchases on the 15th day of the month. I admit, I love seeing my grand total drop $20.00, and on big spending days, gulp, even $40.00.


Because of this huge discount, everyone and her cousin is at the store buying all their organic goodies. And because the store is smallish for a grocery store, it tends to be crowded, and shopping carts and folks get in the way. It's par for the course. No big whoop. Usually, everyone is friendly and understands the small hassle of shopping in this crowded vegetarian oasis.


But not today. As I was weighing my bulk foods at the scale, a very pushy woman plopped her goods on the scale while I was in the process of putting one weighed bag into my cart and bringing the other on the scale. Clearly, I was standing in front of the scale. When I gave her an inquisitive look, she said in what I thought was a snotty voice, "I did not realize you were still using the scale. I thought you were just standing in front of it."


Well if I was, couldn't you wait the five seconds it would take for me to get out of the way? Are you in that much of a hurry? I have attached a really sophisticated diagram using Microsoft Paint to demonstrate our positions. Of course I editorialized. Honestly, it made me feel like I was in elementary school again.


Next time this happens I am going to shout: "NO CUTSIES YOU BIG MEANIE ROCKETHEAD!"


That will show 'em.


2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We usually don't have a huge problem on the 15th, although I've been backed into a couple of times. Even on regular days, I try to only use a small basket instead of pushing a cart due to the teenyosity of the Coop.

I have found there are two very distinct groups of people who shop at the Coop...the serious vegetarian/vegan/organic crowd who are usually very nice and pleasant (like most of the employees - great group of peeps) and the hoity-toity "I shop here because I want everyone to think I'm cool" group, that, on the whole, tends to be pretty snotty/snippy/obnoxious.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Yeah, I agree with that assessment. The people who work there are super nice and usually the other shoppers are too. Because I shop once a week, I typically need a cart for all my goodies. I try to be quick and keep out of the way but I am not perfect.

I just don't like snotty/snippy behavior.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
traffic
Free Web Counters
traffic