http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Slave to Mr. Stinny (The One and Only Blind Super-Cat): Phobias

Friday, December 22, 2006

Phobias

I admit that I have many irrational phobias. As Emma described her experience, I do not like strangers standing too close to me either. Actually, I get a little freaked out by it. Indoor malls make me claustrophobic. Flying, buses, and small bathrooms do too. I hate going to Walmart and huge grocery stores with really bright lights. It is just too much stimulation for a country girl like myself (yeah right).

The night before last, I found a new phobia while walking Finnegan. Those moving/mechanical reindeer freak me out. They resemble this. Finny and I could hear the creaking of the deer moving its head slowly up and down. I know Finny did not like the deer either because he kept looking at them with his head cocked while probably thinking: "What the feck is that?" Honestly, I do believe my animal children have the vocabulary of a drunken sailor. Out on the dark street corner with no one around, - and no, I was not pimping out Finny - it felt like a scene from a horror movie. It seemed like at any moment, this seemingly innocent decoration would come to life with fangs and attack us. I realize I have an active imagination but still, there are something about these decorations that just ain't right.

On a separate note, there are so many houses lit up within a ten mile radius of my house, I am quite sure Erie can be seen from many galaxies way.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're convinced that our pooch has a very colorful vocabulary, as well. We're considering renaming her "column" in my blog (if she ever gets her ass in gear and starts writing it) The PAWnderings of the Potty-mouthed PugPei.

The movements of the mechanical deer don't bother me, but the creaking noises they make do.

And personal space is a HUGE deal to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
traffic
Free Web Counters
traffic