http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Slave to Mr. Stinny (The One and Only Blind Super-Cat): Oops I Did It Again! (barely)

Monday, December 11, 2006

Oops I Did It Again! (barely)

Ahhhh, Britney. She always has a the right words for every occasion. Yet again, I found myself compelled to complete another 5k road race. And no, I did not finish last. I beat an 80 year old. Actually, I did better than that. My performance did not break any records. The roads were icy and it was quite cold. This was the first time I ran with my Ipod and my music selection sucked. I definitely need to work on my race music. My pace was slow because I was terrified I would fall, land on my wrist, fracture it again, be ridiculed by my doctor, ostracized by my friends and family, and would have to enter into a relocation program. I know I could have run faster BUT...I did not. Also, I learned: as a beginner runner, it is generally a bad idea to do two races within two weeks. Tsk tsk. My plan is to do one race per month (with the exception of taking January off to lick my wounds) and to actually train for the race by doing intervals and speed training. Perhaps, someday I will actually do a marathon. Hold on...

HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I had to laugh and snort coffee out my nose. Damn, that's funny. Let's just stick to short races for now, 10k and under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
traffic
Free Web Counters
traffic