http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Slave to Mr. Stinny (The One and Only Blind Super-Cat): Jammin' Out

Friday, December 01, 2006

Jammin' Out

Last night, Husband, Friend (her husband was on call), and I went to see Cats a Bear at TRECPI last night. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. We brought some Magic Hat microbrews and sat a table toward the back. Cats a Bear played some fairly traditional pieces and stayed away from jazz fusion. The crowd seemed pretty mellow and steady stream of people grazed at the light hors devoirs table. I appreciated the variety of folks at the event from Penn State Behrend students taking notes to older folks enjoying a bottle of wine and some conversation. My one unusual observation was a Rolls Royce parked in the lot. Odd.

I only have a few complaints about the venue. I felt the tables were set up awkwardly. Because of the table arrangement, I had a difficult time seeing the musicians. I felt that the band appeared to be more background music for a dinner event rather than the main attraction. I would like to see some space next to or by the musicians for some dancing if the mood strikes.


Overall, TREC is a great (and green!) building and I am glad to see it being used in the evening for events like this. TREC would be a great place for quartets, funk bands, and the like to play. I hope other musical events continue throughout the winter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
traffic
Free Web Counters
traffic