http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Slave to Mr. Stinny (The One and Only Blind Super-Cat): A Letter to my Office

Friday, November 10, 2006

A Letter to my Office

Dear Co-Workers,

I feel the need to write this letter after my "fun" little experience last night. As you are aware, my office is on the "lower level". When I am in my office, my lights are on, the hall lights are on, and the lights going down the stairs are on. Likewise, I tend to blast my music pretty loud after work when I am doing fun and exciting research. Let's put this all together: my office lights are on, the music is on, and here is a tricky one, my car is in the parking lot.

Now here is when it becomes exciting. I finally decided to leave for the evening and guess what? I turned off my lights, the hall lights, and my computer and walked up the stairs to leave. When I entered the lobby, I noted a light on that should be turned off. After walking up to the second floor, walking around to realize no one else was in the building, I headed back down the stairs to leave. I know, this is fascinating reading but I am just so much about suspense. As I stated, I was walking down the stairs and:

WARNING! PLEASE LEAVE THE BUILDING! THE POLICE HAVE BEEN CALLED! PLEASE LEAVE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY!

This ever-so-loud announcement with the blaring of the alarm nearly led me to fall down the stairs. After I shoved my heart back into it's correct location, I ran to the alarm and quickly put in the code while shouting numerous expletives at whoever turned the alarm on WHILE I WAS IN THE BUILDING.

Of course, I could not immediately leave. I had to wait for the security service to call to make sure "everything is all right". I assured her I was supposed to be there, someone thought it would be a totally awesome idea to turn the burglary alarm on while I was still in the building, and no, there was no need to send the entire police force to investigate.

Here's a lesson: please please make sure to check that you are indeed the last person to leave the building. I can just imagine, based on my lifelong klutzy experience, that the alarm could have scared me so much that I could have fallen down the stairs, been knocked unconscious, and had our city's finest surrounding me with guns aimed at yours truly.

Sincerely,

The Lower Level Inhabitant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
traffic
Free Web Counters
traffic