http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Slave to Mr. Stinny (The One and Only Blind Super-Cat): Must...Stop...Reading...

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Must...Stop...Reading...


I completely and utterly hate it when I cannot finish a book because the story is so dreadful I WOULD RATHER VOMIT IN MY MOUTH!! Usually, I don't have this type of reaction but oh Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I simply cannot get through Lolly Winston's new book, Happiness Sold Separately. Happiness is certainly not sold with this book. All of the characters make me want to bitch slap them. I enjoyed her first book, Good Grief. It was a fairly light and very quick read on a rainy Saturday afternoon, and certainly nothing mind boggling or philosphical. This book, however, is painful, like dragging nails on a black board or squeaking Styrofoam. For the love of Mr. Stinny, I can't read without having something in the book making my mind wander so far away it needs a passport to return. For example, the word "lawyer" made me think, I need to make sure I say this at the hearing on Monday, and this brain detour went on for a good ten to fifteen minutes. Then the character, Ted, made me ponder, I wonder how my brother is and man, what on earth am I going to get him for Christmas? Ted, if you are out there, give me a hint, m'kay?


I really feel bad when I lose the willpower to finish a book. I love reading and books and libraries and book stores. I am trying so very very hard to continue the book BUT I HAVE 296 PAGES LEFT AND I MIGHT GO STARK RAVING MAAAADDDDDDDDD IF I CONTINUE! The characters are not sympathetic and the story line is entirely too predictable. So on that note, on my way to do errands, Ms. Winston's book shall return to the library. I surrender.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
traffic
Free Web Counters
traffic