http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Slave to Mr. Stinny (The One and Only Blind Super-Cat): I DID IT!!!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I DID IT!!!

It certainly was not anything impressive, I can assure you. I completed my first road race on Thanksgiving morning. My husband kicked ASS. He finished in the top ten of his age group. I, well, finished. HOWEVER, I was not last in my age group. The race was kind of a cluster fuck with runners and walkers mixed together in the 5K. Because of this, it made the start very difficult. I had to dodge and run around lines of walkers. I have absolutely nothing against walkers but it seems like they should line up or start after the runners. Just my opinion from my vast experience in my one and only road race. Another thing I learned: DO NOT DRINK COFFEE BEFORE RUNNING IN A RACE. Now, I have a sensitive stomach anyway. Half way into the race, I felt like I was going to puke. No coffee for me before running in a race. Ugh. Like I said, I finished and I already want to enter another 5K!

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats on your road race and new and improved blog! I like the alarm story, cuz the other night I went home and forgot to lock the front door of the building.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. And yes, it would make sense to have the runners take off first. How odd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
traffic
Free Web Counters
traffic